Traveling to Mexico? Don't Forget Your Mexico Tourist Insurance!
As you begin to get ready to travel south of the border, there are several things to keep in mind. One of your top priorities should be to have adequate travel insurance coverage throughout the duration of your trip. It's important to note that once you cross the border, your United States Insurance policy does not cross over with you. Meaning, it will no longer be recognized in Mexico. Whether you are on a family vacation or traveling for a business trip, Mexico Tourist Insurance can give you the protection you need.
What does it cover?
If you plan on traveling to Mexico in your car, RV, motorcycle, or with a travel trailer or commercial trailer, the good news is that Mexico Tourist Insurance can provide the much needed coverage for any of these vehicles. No one ever wants to get caught in an auto accident, but if an incident were to occur, your Mexico Tourist Insurance will cover property damage due to collision, including overturning, strikes and riots, natural disasters, fire, lighting, theft and even a catastrophic explosion. Additionally, it provides 24 hour roadside assistance, legal aid and medical expenses for the vehicle's occupants. It also offers 3rd party liability insurance coverage if you were to hit another vehicle or driver.
Why do you need Insurance when traveling to Mexico?
One may argue – Can't I just purchase insurance while I'm at the border? Well, yes but do we recommend it? No. The reason for this is because it can end up costing you more than you would have expected and the coverage you are able to purchase may be limited. It's important to protect your vehicle just like you would in the United States because if responsible for an accident and you injure the other person, by law if you do not have insurance you can be taken to jail and have your vehicle impounded, which wouldn't sound like much of a fun trip.
- You can buy Mexico Insurance for as little as 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and all the way up to 1 year.
- If you travel to Mexico frequently, there are policies that you can buy for multiple entries instead of having to buy separate policies every time you travel.
- If you are hauling a trailer attached to your vehicle, you can get coverage for that as well.
- Most Mexico Insurance policies cover theft (both partial and full) and also damage due to vandalism.
- Depending on the company, you can either repair your vehicle in Mexico and/or United States.
- Independent Insurance agencies like A-MAX work with several insurance carriers that provide Mexico Tourist and Travel Insurance. We do the shopping for you to find you the lowest price and best coverage options available. There are several discounts that you can take advantage of.
You would never want to drive without Insurance and you shouldn't have to. At A-MAX Auto Insurance, we'll give you the coverage you need. You can always buy/bind online for affordable Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance Policy and begin prepping for your next trip! Speak to one of our A-MAX representatives at 800-979-2629 for more information.
No posts found