Skip to main content


Find Affordable Auto Insurance in McAllen, TX

A-MAX Trenton Crossing

Office Details

Street Address

7400 N 10th St Ste. M, McAllen, TX 78504

Office Hours

MON - FRI: 9:00am - 7:00pm

SAT: 10:00am - 5:00pm


Across from The Home Depot

Leave Trenton Crossing Office a Review

Refer a Friend

Refer your friends and family members using our A-MAX Rewards portal.

Eligibility Required

Referrals must receive an auto quote from A-MAX for them and you to be eligible.

Exciting Prizes

Each week, A-MAX will randomly select winners for cool prizes!


Finding the right insurance takes some navigating, but our A-MAX insurance experts are here to guide you every step of the way.

State law requires drivers to be able to pay for the accidents they cause. Most people meet this requirement by buying automobile "liability" insurance. Liability insurance pays to treat people injured in an accident that you cause. It also pays to repair or replace the other driver´s damaged property.

Minimum coverage might not be enough to cover your financial obligations if you cause a serious accident. It is a good idea to consider raising your coverage limits. However, raising your coverage limits will increase your policy premium.

You will need to add "collision" coverage to your policy to cover your car if it's damaged in an accident that you caused (up to ACV limits). "Comprehensive" coverage will help repair or replace your car if it's stolen or damaged by hail, fire, road debris, vandalism, or other similar covered risks (up to ACV limits). State law does not require you to have comprehensive and collision coverage. However, if you still owe money on your car, your lender will probably require you to have this coverage. If your car is damaged in an accident caused by another driver, the other driver's insurance will pay to fix your car, up to the other driver's policy limits.

Driving without auto insurance is against the law. A law enforcement officer will require you to show proof that you have auto insurance during any traffic stop. Your insurance company will provide you with an "insurance ID card" that will qualify as your proof of insurance. The card will explain the basic features of your auto policy, including the dates the coverage begins and ends. You should keep your insurance card with you while driving. If you are unable to show proof of liability insurance, you could face a fine, have your vehicle impounded or you could even have your driver license suspended.

The financial consequences of driving without insurance can be even more severe. If you cause an accident, you will be financially liable for any resulting injuries or property damage. In the event of a serious accident, you may have to pay tens of thousands of dollars out of your own pocket. If you can't pay the amount you owe, you could be sued, and a court could order that the money be deducted from your current and future earnings. In addition, it could also mean that the person injured in the accident will have difficulty receiving the medical care necessary for a complete recovery.

No. All applicants for a driver's license must show proof of insurance to get a driver's license. You´ll have to show proof of insurance regardless of whether you´re getting a driver's license for the first time, renewing your driver's license, or getting a driver's license after moving from another state.

You have to show proof of insurance any time a law enforcement officer asks you for it. A law enforcement officer will ask you for proof of insurance if you´re involved in an accident, regardless of whether you caused the accident or not. Police will also ask you for proof of insurance if you´re stopped because of a traffic violation or for any other reason. You also have to show proof of insurance when you get or renew your driver's license, register your car and get your car inspected.

Each company evaluates risk differently. All companies generally use some type of formula that considers a variety of "risk factors." These factors generally include driving history, age, gender, and marital status, and in some cases insurance credit score.

No. Insurance may only be sold by an insurance agent or broker licensed by the Department of Insurance.